June 2002 Sunday, June 16
Just back from a wedding in Edinburgh (congratulations Michelle & John!) and here are a few snippets of news I missed while I was away…
In today’s press, Alisdair Barron says the club will be unveiling their new shirt sponsors later in the week. He is quoted as saying:
“We are close to signing a two-year deal for a six-figure sum and just have to tie up the loose ends.”
While we cannot confirm who the new sponsors are, a few rumours have already started to appear…
New Hearts signing Kevin Twaddle believes two of his former Motherwell team-mates, James McFadden and Stevie Hammell, can go on to be Scotland stars. He said:
“Faddy and Steve Hammell are only young but it would be great to see them playing in the Premiership. They are the best two kids I’ve ever played with.”
I received my season ticket renewal letter though the post yesterday morning, and although we already knew the prices, there were still one or two interesting bits of information:
- This year, season ticket holders will be given a discount of up to 25% for at least two away matches, one of which I believe will be Kilmarnock.
- Season Ticket income will be placed in a trust account and drawn down on a monthly basis to meet the needs of the club. The balance of season ticket monies will be handed to the new owner once the sale of the club has been completed.
- As the club are in administration, they are unable to offer their usual Direct Debit payment scheme.
- Postal applications are being accepted now, while the ticket office will be open for renewals from Saturday, July 6th (the day after my wedding, incidentally!)
- The club are encouraging as many fans as possible to sign up for the Super Well 7 draw.
Check out Matt Johnstone’s new One Step Beyond website, www.dosserdom.com.
Don’t forget about the ‘Well Worth Saving public meeting to be held in Majestic (the Old Town Hall) at 7.30pm on Tuesday, June 18th. The main purpose of the meeting is to confirm the constitution for the formation of a Supporters Trust but don’t worry, the bar WILL be open.
Cast your vote in our new Opinion Poll: